KNIPEX 7″ Alligator Water Pump Pliers
Full torque on pipes and nuts thanks to self-locking effect
-After it is pressed, the Knipex Alligator No. 88 01 180 holds onto pipes and nuts by itself. This self-locking effect is possible thanks to the special jaw geometry developed by Knipex. The user does not need to press the handles together, but can convert all energy directly into torque. This property pays off in particular when loosening bolted connections that have become stuck.
Compact design – big gripping capacity
-Work in the plumbing and heating area is often conducted in confined spaces. The arched adjustment slot and the slim head shape of the Knipex Alligator offer an advantage here. As compact as these pliers are, the possible grip widths are surprisingly large due to the 9-step locking adjustment: pipes up to 42 mm (1 ½ inches) and nuts up to 36 mm, which is 30 % more than with standard water pump pliers of the same size.
Stable and wear-resistant – also when used outside
-The Knipex Alligator with its box joint design and double guide offers very high stability for professional use. The teeth on the gripping surfaces have been induction hardened to approx. 61 HRC. This guarantees a very long tool life with an ever “biting” hold on the component. The Knipex Alligator is sturdily built, easy to clean and thus an ideal tool for working outdoors. In the 180 mm long version, you can easily take the Knipex Alligator with you, e.g. in the outside pocket of work clothes.
- Good access to the workpiece due to slim size of head and joint area
- More output and comfort compared to conventional water pump pliers of the same length: 9-notch adjustment positioning for 30 % more gripping capacity
- Self-locking on pipes and nuts: no slipping on the workpiece and low handforce required
- Gripping surfaces with special hardened teeth, teeth hardness approx. 61 HRC: high wear resistance and stable gripping
- Box-joint design for high stability due to double guide
- Robust construction, insensitive to dirt; particularly suitable for outdoor work
- Pinch guard prevents operators’ fingers being pinched
- Chrome vanadium electric steel, forged, multi stage oil-hardened